Cashew organic nuts 600 g in resealable and freshness retaining zip-lock bag. Year of Crop: 2017 Country of origin: Sri Lanka DE-ÖKO-039
Cashew nut, often simply called a cashew, is widely consumed. It is eaten on its own, used in recipes or processed into cashew cheese or cashew butter. The shell of the cashew seed yields derivatives that can be used in many applications including lubricants, waterproofing and paints. The cashew apple is a light reddish to yellow fruit, whose pulp can be processed into a sweet, astringent fruit drink or distilled into liquor.
They are very nutritious and are a powerhouse of proteins and essential minerals including copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Sodium is also present in very small quantities. Cashews also contain vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin B1 (thiamin), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B6, folate, vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), and vitamin K(phylloquinone). They are a source of oleic acid and provide a good quantity of monounsaturated fat and low amounts of polyunsaturated fats with no harmful cholesterol if consumed appropriately.
Cashew nuts health benefits:
- Healthy Nerves and Muscles – they are a good source of bioavailable magnesium, which is vital for the healthy development of bones, muscles, tissues, and organs of the body. Magnesium helps maintain blood pressure, boost the immune system, maintain the nerve function, and keep the bones strong.
- Prevents heart diseases – good source of healthy dietary fats, which are essential for our body to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and vitamin K and produce fatty acids that are vital for the development of the brain and blood clotting. They also help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol).
- Reduce rist of Diabetes – The presence of very low amounts of sugar and no harmful cholesterol in cashews makes them safe for diabetic patients! This even helps in lowering the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Bone and Teeth health – the nuts provide phosphorus, which is essential for the healthy development of teeth and bones. Phosphorus also aids in protein synthesis, absorption of carbohydrates and fats, and the maintenance of cellular health.
- Boost immune system – they contain zinc, which plays a vital role in the strengthening of the immune system against microbial infections, protein synthesis, and the healing of wounds. It is extremely important during pregnancy for the growth of the baby and the developmental years of childhood to maintain a healthy body.
Read more information about cashew nuts and their health benefits here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cashew